Grading is a Chore
As an instructor, be it a teacher in a school or a lecturer at university; one of the key tasks that takes up a big chunk of time is the grading and assessment of assignments. This is more so when projects have to be submitted and the score in the project has a direct impact on the final grades/GPA.
Say Hello to Revisely
Revisely is a revolutionary product from a Dutch tech-firm that is slowly changing the way how instructors grade assignments. Revisely is an online assignment management tool, which provides teachers with the ability to communicate, receive, correct and provide feedback to students. Features such as auto correction and plagiarism checker help teachers verify student submissions with ease and help teachers offer constructive feedback.
How it Works?
- The teacher prepares a writing assignment for a group of students. Apart from the assignment description, she/he can indicate which criteria will be used to correct the text. The teacher then sends the assignment to the students through Revisely.
- Students receive a notification of the writing assignment in their mail. They can then log in to their personal area within Revisely and hand in the text by either typing it in right there or copy-pasting it from another application such as Google Docs, Word, Pages or Office 365.
- The teacher can then access the texts and add their feedback to them. To do this, they can use the extensive built-in set of comments and observations (both positive and negative). These observations cover all aspects such as language use, grammar, spelling, structure, style and content. Of course, teachers can also add their own comments to the text.
- When ready, the teacher returns the definitive corrected text to their students, who again receive a notification by mail. Students can then view their work, a summary report of improvement points, the teacher’s observations and the feedback. With each observation, Revisely shows what the issue is and how it should be improved next time. Students can also zoom in on specific aspects such as language use, structure etc.
- Revisely is an online tool that helps teachers to give more and better feedback on texts in less time.
- Texts can be about any subject and have any form such as essays, papers and letters.
- The tool supports teachers during the entire process of setting, correcting and giving feedback on writing assignments.
- Teachers use our tool to easily add observations and feedback to students’ texts, using either Revisely’s built-in set of comments or writing their own.
- Revisely’s correction tool works online in the web browser, no installation required, and can be used on desktops, laptops, tablets and iPads.
Revisely truly frees up time for instructors and allows them to focus on creating a better learning experience for their students instead of just spending time on grading. The plagiarism checker tool helps instructors identify duplicates and also allows them to cross-reference and check if the essay has been copied from other online resources. Let’s make teaching fun with Revisely!